Saturday 19 May 2012

The start of the rainy season...

Rainy season in Georgetown. 
In Jamaica, I hated the rain. Hated it. Rain meant that everything was not only wet and sloshy, but traffic slowed to criminally slooooow speeds. What is it about the rain that makes everyone drive like they have nowhere to go? Of course the roads are more dangerous, but standing still in traffic with one car going at a time, inching forward every 10mins??? Maybe a slight exagerration, but you get the picture.

I also hated the rain in Toronto. Loved the snow. Well, when it was just falling. Isn't it pretty to see the white flakes and feel the coolness on your face? The moments before it actually hits the roads and then becomes brown, disgusting slush!!!

I thought I would hate the rain in Georgetown. Why wouldn't I? It's the same wet stuff falling from the sky and making a mess on the ground. The first rain a couple of months ago that ended in the unexpected flooding made me cringe. (see earlier post - When it rains in Georgetownhttp://bjanice1.blogspot.com/2012/02/when-it-rains-in-georgetown.html
I wasn't sure I could survive the rain here. And you know what happens when you're anticipating something in a negative way??? It's almost sure to go badly. BUT. Now that I've been fortunate enough to be armed with my rain gear....
I've realized something. I don't care about the rain. BRING IT ON!!!!

Furthermore, now that my fan has died and gone off to some cemetery somewhere, I was HAPPY it's the rainy season, because, guess what?  It's a heck of a lot cooler most days!

1 comment:

  1. DWL....your fan is at a cemetery! You are hilarious! Love the boots by the way!

    ReplyDelete