Wednesday 6 June 2012

The Uprising of the Critters

Rainy season? Yes. All kinds of tropical creatures trying to find new homes inside my house?
YES, YES, YES

One of my friend's in Canada mentioned to me that with the rainy season there'd be more mosquitoes. That may be true, but did he have to burst my bubble and have me start THINKING about it?? I was quite blissfully happy before that with my rain "long" boots and all. I actually declared a few days later that I don't usually have problems with mosquitoes and didn't see an increase. I apparently didn't knock on any wood as I was saying that - and spoke too early!!!  Mi ah ded fram mosquita now!!!! Last night there were FIVE mosquitoes inside my mosquito net. This, because I had opened one side to lounge on the bed while using the laptop, and of course where there's opportunity, there's mosquitoes flying under the net.... SIGH

And sure enough one day my housemate found a mouse in the house!!!! Now, most of you know, where there's one.... sigh again. But that one met an untimely death, and we hoped against hope. A couple of weeks later, there was another. I took action, and we didn't see any for a while again. But, I know at least one came back. I hope he SUFFERS. Whatever happens, I don't care, but he must learn not to mess with big people! But, you know... rain is falling and they're looking for higher ground and warmer places. In addition, there's a bunch of construction going on downstairs, across the street, etc. So, I'm sure their nests were disturbed and they're trying to find a new home. WELL, NOT WITH ME!!!!!! It ain't gonna happen!

Sure enough, I took out the garbage late one night, and once outside in the yard I noticed a bunch of very large cockroaches running around. Now, I'd never really seen any this size, and RARELY seen any inside this house. BUT, no. Things don't like to just end there, so naturally a few days later I saw a few in the shower which had obviously come up the drain. This is not gonna end well for some...

2 comments:

  1. LMAO...wooiii, "where there's opportunity, there's mosquitoes flying under the net". Mi belly lol. You are hilarious! I hope the mouse suffers too, but poor thing....it has feelings. Can't you cage it and keep it as a pet? That way, it won't get to mess with big people :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I did know someone in Toronto who caught a mouse and kept it as her pet. You two should meet. This mouse gotta die!

    ReplyDelete