Monday 2 July 2012

The weather outside is frightful... to some.

I awoke this morning and opened my windows and it was COOL outside. Cool. Can you believe it? I did a double-take and noticed the roof next door and the ground was wet. Guess it rained at some point during the early morning. And it has just started pouring again. Nice! It is Monday, and I am inside. I COULD CARE LESS!!! Well, no I couldn't care any less, because I don't care at all!!

The annoying thing is... it brings with it a bunch of mosquitoes. Thank goodness for my freshly impregnated net. Yes, I took it down on the weekend and washed it and dipped it in insecticide all over again. I didn't realize it at first, but every now and again I can see a mosquito that looks like it just died of it's own free will, and I'm thinking... it must be from playing around my net. Serves them right! I will spend the day under the net or in front of the fan. Whichever works.

It is CARICOM DAY. And speaking of spending an idle day at home, two things have come to mind.

  1. This must be the most uncelebrated public holiday I've ever seen anywhere. And this is not just a public holiday in the middle of the week. We have a long weekend! As we approached, I asked a few people what would be happening. Nothing. I was thinking that if I was in Jamaica there would have been parties all weekend, the beaches would have been full, the hotels would have been flocked by locals and if you didn't book early you wouldn't have gotten a room. Here, I don't see anything going on. But, maybe I'm just on the other side of town. Still, I'm H A P P Y for a day at home, and I shall spend it TOTALLY idle. After baking 6 dozen choc chip cookies yesterday, what more could I want?
  2. I came upon an article yesterday which I have to share! http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/30/the-busy-trap/   Do tell me what you think!
Happy Canada Day! oops. Sorry. Happy CARICOM Day!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Caricom Day!

    6 dozen cookies? You donating them to a children's home?

    The article attached to that link is too long. I started reading it but....sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep. 6 dozen!!! They're for our snacks this week. Instead of having to buy stuff. And also, the office is too far away from anything, so you have to go to work armed and prepared.

    At least you're not too busy to read the article. :)Just lazy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did read the article and thought it was was an excellent piece.
    As the writer implies, many of us have allowed our jobs to define us...we become what we do and very little else. This is part and parcel of buying into corporate philosophy. Your blogs remind me of adventure, discovery, the beauty that's found in simplicity and the little things that matter.

    Thanks Jan.

    ReplyDelete