Monday 3 September 2012

15 Things I will NOT miss about Guyana

As much as we volunteers plan for most things, sometimes things come up outside of our control. I came to Guyana to volunteer for a year. That was my intent. But, life calls... and I have to go back home. Good or bad, here are some things I won't miss...
  1. Eating with a SPOON (especially a plastic spoon for take-out!)
  2. Honking car horns - especially outside my bedroom throughout the nights
  3. The hazards of walking down the street
  4. The garbage around town and at the Sea Wall
  5. The canals with the dirty, mucky water and overgrown flora (and rats)
  6. ROADKILL - Toads and rats
  7. Mini-buses with BLARING music
  8. All night parties - outside my bedroom window
  9. The roosters, horses, donkeys, dogs, and whatever else lurks beyond my bedroom window in the early mornings
  10. Frequent power cuts
  11. S-l-o-w internet
  12. The Sizzling HEAT
  13. The rainy season and the floods 
  14. The mosquitoes, cockroaches, flies, frogs and mice Critters that make me miss Toronto
  15. The cold water showers!!!  The rainy season brings colder water
Next I will talk about what I WILL miss...

2 comments:

  1. Take out served with a spoon, and it's not soup or porrige? Unheard of! LOL


    ReplyDelete
  2. Not here dear. That is fairly normal. Imagine my surprise when I order my curry chicken and it came with a spoon. How do I cut into my chicken???

    ReplyDelete