Saturday 25 February 2012

The past days...

So, I've been suffering from power cuts, internet black-outs and HEAT. Especially when there's a power cut. After only having one? in the first week, or maybe the first one didn't come until week 2, I thought, okay, maybe these will be few and far between. Nu-uh. Apparently not so few. I noticed this particularly after I plugged out my emergency light one day, and the power went the next day. Hmmm. I now keep it plugged in at all times. :)

In any event, we didn't let the lack of power stop us from going to explore. Next stop.

To start off we had a little misadventure. I know it may be a little hard for you to see, but that break in the grass in the first picture is ....          
yes, SF's shoe almost "ankle deep" in the mud. What a way to start off the day. Fortunately, she was not hurt and able to get cleaned up so we could be on our way to view the animals... :)
Flip flop after the rescue...









I'm not going to show you all the animals, but one or two are important. First off, who remembers Prep/Primary School History? This one is for the Caribbean folk amongst us... Remember the Agouti? Well here he is...

Agouti - The famous Labba? Remember him from the previous post at Madewini Gardens?

  WHAAAAAAAT? Whoever heard of a snake neck turtle???


1 comment:

  1. Ummm, I don't remember learning of such an animal at Columbus. The one in the pic looks cute. I would keep him / her as a pet. As for the snake neck turtle...no comment.

    ReplyDelete