Wednesday 28 March 2012

Another super-hot weekend with no move to the market. BUT, I did manage to get out on Sunday afternoon after all. Played a little football with some guys and girls. My big question was why they chose to play at 3 o'clock on a Sunny afternoon??? Turns out however that
  1. there are no lights on the field so you can't play too late and
  2. if you snooze, the cricket enthusiasts would've taken over all the fields and you'd just spend the time watching them play cricket.
So, I get it. We have to play in the sweltering sun. Still, we managed to knock the ball around a few times and run wildly around which means maybe I burned some calories.

Then we stopped and played some dominoes before heading home for the evening. Now, aside from the new style that I learned... (3 people playing with 1 sitting out and us taking turns), I also did a few other new things.
  1. I ate tamarind straight from the tree. Yes, you may all wonder why I hadn't done this before since I grew up in a country that actually HAS tamarind trees. But, I hadn't. And I not only now ate ripe tamarind, but also tried the green one as well. (Not so hot on that one).
  2. I had the famous Gun Oil. See previous link http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2557674867574491801#editor/target=post;postID=7170093129934827018   And now it has been somewhat explained to me. Yes, it is supposed to help men in their quest for "greatness". And it is actually boiled corn in cocnut milk with a variety of things including callaloo at times. The one I had was home made and had no callaloo but boiled corn is always good, and this was no exception. Thanks L!!

5 comments:

  1. You look scared but fit lol. Glad you were rewarded with a game or two of dominoes!

    I'm proud of you for eating tamarind straight from the tree....welcome to my world lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thx! I can always depend on you for the boost. :)

      Delete
  3. Yes my lord, look at the baller. Yu a gwaan well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah. I KNOW you better not be teasing me sir!!! LMAO. We gotta catch up this w-end. I been a little out of the loop. :)

      Delete